Monday, January 23, 2006




Well, you never know what is going to happen when the day begins. The last thing on my mind this morning was meeting Governor Bob Riley. But that's exactly what I did this afternoon. When picking up the boys from school, I noticed that WAAY, Channel 31, out of Huntsville, was at the school. I wondered why. When I finally met my oldest son, David, he told me that Governor Riley was at school today. Then I saw two black SUV's with Montgomery car tags sitting outside the high school library. I told David and Joseph to wait a moment while I went to get my camera. We waited awhile to meet the Governor after school. There were numerous local school and government officials there, but my sons were the only students who waited to meet the Governor. They both were real interested in meeting the Governor. I am so proud of the boys because they are really interested and appreciate the significance of this more than most children their age.

No comments: