Saturday, August 25, 2007

Back to blogging on this blog!

I have been posting so much on weather and Alabama football, I have been neglecting this blog a little bit. Since I have a little free time on my hands this Saturday night, I thought I would do a little writing while I listen to the Braves-Cardinals game on the radio. The Cardinals just came back from a 3-0 deficit to take a 5-3 lead on the Braves and pitcher Tim Hudson. Maybe we will pull this one out before it's over. The Braves are six games out in the NL East and they are 3 out in the wildcard standings. Things are beginning to look grim, especially if they don't get on a winning streak soon. Come on Bravos!

Thursday was a busy night. As soon as the boys got here we immediately started playing catch. I don’t know where all of that energy came from but after a long day of school and work, we all did well as we sweated in the 100 degree heat. We probably played about an hour. After coming in for a minute to cool off and change shirts we decided to go to the Vinemont-West Point jamboree football game. Because it cost $5 each to get in and I only had $3.00 in cash, we had to dig to find $17 worth of quarters to finance our game admission. Joe and I sat in the living room floor and counted out the money and we all cooled off in the process.

We walked over to the game. We saw several folks we knew from the little league ball park and children that the kids knew from school. I did make David and Joe sit with me for a few minutes, but they really wanted to socialize and I let them do that most of the game. Matt stayed with me. Vinemont defeated West Point 21-7. We are all excited that football season is here!

We got home around nine and it took us a while to get ready for bed. All four of us had to take baths, and get our clothes out for tomorrow. David and Joe fixed macaroni and cheese, black- eyed peas, and warmed up some leftover pork chops. Kudos to them for doing such a wonderful job helping Dad!

Joe sent in our online weather watcher report and we all watched the Alabama college football preview before going to sleep.

No comments: