Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I've gone and done it...

...no, not like the famous song by Shania Twain! I haven't fallen in love. (I don't think?!) I committed to be a little league baseball coach! The 9 and 10 year old league didn't have enough players. I was asked if Matt, who just turned 8, was ready to move up to the 9&10 league. His coaches from last year and I agreed that he was ready. Then the other shoe fell. They needed a coach. I immediately stepped up to the plate and volunteered. I know I can do it. I know baseball like the back of my hand. But I haven't learned the finer points of Dizzy Dean league rules. I'm not used to dealing with unreasonable parents. Wait a minute. Never mind. I do that nearly every day at work. I think I can handle it. It will be a wild ride, I'm sure. The parks and recreation director said he has one rule: Don't embarass the town. I think I can abide. Look out baseball world, a new manager has entered your ranks!

No comments: