Monday, March 19, 2007

Groceries

The first thing the boys and I did Friday was to go grocery shopping. Grocery shopping on pay day is so much more fun than grocery shopping during the last few days before getting paid. I try to save some money every month, but as most people do, I still live "paycheck to paycheck" and I don't borrow money. It's funny because Thursday evening, I had to scrounge around the house for canned goods and scraped together things that had been passed over for quite some time.

Friday was another story. Without going too crazy, I decided that we would get what we wanted at the grocery store. I got a T-bone steak. Among other things, the boys got two different kinds of chips and dip, biscuits, a variety of frozen pizzas with extra cheeses and pepperoni to add. We also bought way too many colas. I just decided that it was o.k. once in a while to treat ourselves to things that we wanted, as opposed to what we needed.

By the way, I have this little grocery shopping trick. When I finish getting everything, I try to make it a habit to take one or two things out of my buggy that we don't need and put them back on the shelf. It saves money and calories. Friday we didn't do that!

No comments: