Thursday, August 09, 2007

It just clicked!

Last Thursday

Have you ever had one of those days where everything just clicked? It did for the boys and me a week ago today. I had really been missing them because they had been with me for over two weeks in a row prior. By Thursday of last week it had been seven days since we were together. I remember specifically praying for the Lord to really bless our time together. I wanted them to be well behaved. I wanted to be especially patient and help them really enjoy their time. Without going into the details of what we did, the Lord answered my prayers. We had a terrific evening together. There was such a spirit of joy, fun, cooperation and love flowing among the four of us. I’m not trying to sound sappy by this. It was just a real special time together. Life is not perfect and neither are people. This was just one night that it all worked out really special and I thank You Lord for being with us!

Last Weekend

Saturday was our work day. First we went to Wal Mart and purchased some groceries and a few other things that we needed. When we got back we all shared mowing duties. It was a brutally hot day and I was proud especially proud and appreciative of David and Joe’s hard work. It was also a noteworthy evening because it was Matt’s first attempt at mowing. I walked beside him and I let him do a few rows solo. We are definitely going to have to work on not going outside or inside the proper line. He did ok for his first try though. After mowing I grilled out hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, and corn on the cob. It was an awesome meal if I may say so myself!

Sunday was the University of Alabama Crimson Tide football team’s fan day. Again, the weather was very hot but the boys and I enjoyed watching the Tide practice, playing a little catch with the football in front of the stadium, and getting some autographs. I also saw a couple of friends, Craig and Gary who were in different parts of the autograph line. I heard that Coach Saban signed about 1300 autographs in about an hour. Afterwards we stopped at David’s favorite Mexican restaurant on the way home, Habaneras in Gardendale. I had a vegetarian combo meal, Joe and Matt each ordered cheese dip, and David had the bean and cheese nachos. We all ate way too many chips and salsa.

No comments: