Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving weekend

It was a great Thanksgiving weekend. The weather did not hurt, with highs around 70 all four days. On Thursday I ate a wonderful meal with my mom and dad. She made turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, and corn. She also made my favorite traditional strawberry gelatin cake.

Friday I hung out with my dad before going out to get some photos developed. I went to four places and wasted most of my afternoon before I finally found a place that had a machine that worked. That evening I got the boys and we ate and took it easy.

Saturday we watched the Clemson-South Carolina game with my dad and then we spent most of the afternoon playing football down at the park. During the evening the boys played cars, worked on their baseball cards and we watched a little football and basketball on TV. Before bed, I read some out of my old journals to David and Joe. They were pretty entertained by that and seemed quite interested. Especially the story about sleeping in class.

Today we spent most of the day working outside. We raked, blew leaves, mowed leaves, got leaves off of the patio cover, and I climbed up on the roof to clean out the gutters. I'm nearly too old to be climbing up on that roof, but not quite. Or as football broadcaster Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast, my friend!"

We got a lot done and then we watched the end of the Bears game with my dad. My mom made us a good meal. We had David's favorite macoroni and cheese, green beans, and hamburgers. We had our choice of mom's fruit salad, cookies, ice cream or strawberry cake for dessert. It was great. Now it's getting late and we are getting ready to go home. Thanks, Lord, for a wonderful time with a wonderful family.

No comments: