Thursday, May 17, 2007

It made my day!

Our ball team has had it's problems. I have had one parent complaining about things that she didn't know about, that were not true, and based on a completely different point of view as to what the main goal of youth sports are all about. I had started to wonder if all of the time, thought, and energy I have put into this team was worth the lack of obvious results and the complaining.

But yesterday something happened that made it all worth it! I was pitching batting practice to little boy on the team (one of the youngest ones) and after we finished, he came up to me and said, "Thank you coach for all you are teaching me. I'm learning and I'm loving baseball!' He said that with such a child-like sincerity in a voice that sounded like an innocent 6 year old (he's really 8).

I told him thank you, that he is really improving, and that I like having him on my team. I encouraged him to go tell my assistant the same thing.

Words cannot express how much that meant to me. It's just like the Lord to find a way to speak a word of encouragement to you when you are so very down about something.

No comments: