Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Vinemont, we have a problem...

I am the head coach of a nine and ten year old team. I haven't written much about our team. We have not won. We have not come close to winning! I have been so discouraged. I knew going into the season that we were like sacrificial lambs. There were only 5 nine and ten year old children who signed up for baseball in our community (one is ten and four are nine). We had to get six eight year old's (including my son Matt) to move up ahead of their age group, just to have a team.

I was asked if I would move my son Matt up. I obliged. Then I was asked to coach. I obliged. Then I was given the scenario. Whew! God has a sense of humor!

I have been most troubled by the lack of hustle, effort, and desire to play. But really the worst part was some totally unfounded and untrue criticism by one of the mothers. I just let it roll off my back. I barely said anything in response. I will admit it made me have one night where I got very little sleep. I have since considered the source and have been told by other of her 'exploits' that have reduced her credibility to just a hair over none.

I have poured my heart and soul into this team. I hope it pays off somehow, some way!

No comments: