Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where I was on 9/11...


Photos of those who we lost on 9/11/01

I was on leave that morning. I was going in to work late so I was my home in Good Hope, Alabama. As I often did that year, I was listening to the Rick and Bubba radio show while I was getting ready for work. I heard them begin talking about something and that sounded like an accident at first. Then it gradually became apparent that we were under attack. I remember going to see my oldest soms who were in the second grade and kindergarten at the time. I remember discussing it with teachers in the lunchroom as we were all trying to mentally and emotionally grapple with what was happening. I remember hugging my boys. I remember the series of emotions we went through during that day and the days that followed. I remember the Wednesday night prayer service at Seventh Street Baptist Church in Cullman. I remember how our county united, even the worst of our politicians joined together for a photo op singing "God Bless America". I remember flags flying on cars.

I remember...
sadness
confusion
disbelief
unity
concern
tears
anger
family
togetherness
fear
self-examination
Jesus
hope
comfort
war
survivors
stories
heroes
firemen
NYC
Pentagon
Twin Towers
Freedom
security
red, orange, and yellow
Shanksville, PA
2999 precious lives
false news reports on CNN
hate
first responders
War on Terror

No comments: