Monday, March 13, 2006

Tornadoes in Alabama

The first tornadoes of 2006 touched down in North Alabama this afternoon and evening. One supercell tracked across Mississippi most of the way through Alabama, causing numerous tornadoes to touch down in Lamar, Fayette, Walker, Cullman, and Blount counties. I do not think any of these were major tornadoes (probably F0-F-1) but they were very photogenic and knocked down numerous trees.

I drove to Jasper and witnessed an amazing wall cloud and funnel just north of town that I caught on video. On my way home i had to turn around due to trees crossing the road.

If I ever figure out a way to do it I will post my video here.

It looks like we might have an active severe weather season in Alabama.

Here are a few interesting links:

Photos from ABC 33/40

No comments: