Monday, April 10, 2006

Visit With Dad

Last week I got to spend a little time with my Dad. We watched the Cubs defeat the Cardinals in Wrigley Field on WGN. Greg Maddux got his first win of the 2006 season. My Dad and I really enjoy watching sports together and always have. We talked about what a great pitcher Maddux was and how fun it is to watch him outsmart the other team rather than overpower the other them. We talked about the changes to Wrigley Field, including a "peep hole" where you can watch the game from ouside the stadium on Sheffield Avenue. I was telling the story the other day of my Dad taking me to my first Alabama game on October 25, 1975 in Legion Field against TCU. It was an awesome experience. Thanks to my Dad for so many great memories.


Greg Maddux at Turner Field in Atlanta, 7/4/05

No comments: