Monday, May 01, 2006

Boys' Baseball, May, 1, 2006


Joe at bat


Matt at bat

Matt's and Joe's teams each had doubleheaders tonight. It's been an unusually tough year for their teams. Matt is at the age it doesn't seem to matter. He was jumping for joy after the game, as if he won the World Series. Joe seemed a little discouraged. They both played well, however.

Matt's team lost both games to West Point, 13-0 and 16-1. Matt was 0/1 in the first game and 1/1 in the second game.

Joe's team lost to the other Vinemont team 7-1 and 9-2. Joe was 0/1 in the first game and 1/1 in the second game with an RBI. He was thrown out at home trying to stretch a triple into a home run.

5 comments:

chaindropz said...

Good photos at bat. what camera do you use. I take action shots with a Konica Minolta z6. I have found that the shutter speed has to be 1/400 or beter to stop the ball and bat. I shot the picture of the batter while I am looking at the pitcher. somewhere between when he raises his foot or puts it down. Different pitchers have different speeds and I hate the change up.

Mike Wilhelm said...

Thanks... I use a Kodak Easy Share 6330. It would help if I had a better camera. I wish I had a camera that I could use to capture lightning.

chaindropz said...

You do well with your camera most people cannot catch the ball that close to the bat. I have done well selling pictures. I have made my money back on my investment in cameras.

Mike Wilhelm said...

Thanks! I sure have plenty of practice.

chaindropz said...

Childersburg is the home of the state champs for the 9year old Cal Ripkin. I have a nephew on the team.