Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


It's been a good day. I met my Mom and around 11:45. We went to Landry's and put our name on the list at 12:10. It was a two hour wait, which was to be expected. That allowed us to run a few errands. We went to Wal Mart where my Mom picked up some nail polish, video tapes (undoubtedly to tape ATWT), and a card for my sister's birthday. I purchased 6 "Better Boy" tomato plants. Yes, I know I'm a little late starting my garden, but that's o.k. Life has been pretty busy. We then made another stop (I won't say where in case my sister reads this and it spoils her birthday surprise). We then went back to Landry's and waited a little while before it was time to eat. It turned out to be exactly a two-hour wait. Mom had the catfish fillets and I had the jumbo fried shrimp. I think my Mom enjoyed herself, which is what it was all about. Normally, though, I'm not real big on dropping over $40 on lunch. But for my Mom, I would do anything. After lunch I came "home" (my parent's house will always be "home") and hung out with my Mom and Dad the rest of the day. I changed a few light bulbs and added oil, gas, and coolant to my Mom's car. She will probably never see this, but I love my Mom and thank her for all she's done for me over the past 40+ years!

No comments: