Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What's on Paul's ipod?



I saw an interesting article about my favorite musician and songwriter, Paul McCartney in The Mirror. A lot of articles say the same old stuff, but this interview was pretty insightful. Highlights included,

Macca said he still thanked God for his music, adding: "It's been a difficult time but music is a great healer. Music is the therapy for me. "In fact, going through difficulties has only concentrated my desire to make good music. And I'm still very glad to be a part of it all. I used to work as a coil-winder, making coils for electric motors in this factory in Liverpool. I wasn't very good at it. "They checked them at the end of the line and mine didn't always work. So I thought it was time to get out. "One day George and John showed up over the factory wall and someone said, 'Hey, a couple of mates of yours are asking for you.' And they said, 'We've got a gig at the Cavern'. And that was it. So I know what I could have been doing and I know what I am doing. "And I feel very privileged to be still doing it. So yeah. Thank you, Lord!" Sir Paul said he's still a fan as well as a musician - and has a string of hits by both old stars and new on his iPod. He added: "My iPod moves from Kaiser Chiefs to Neil Young to Guillemots to Bob Dylan to Radiohead to Bob Marley. And if you want to get a dancefloor moving, it's I Will Survive. "Mix that with Foo Fighters, throw in a bit of Fred Astaire, KC and the Sunshine Band, maybe Fatboy Slim and we've got it!" Macca also revealed that the Beatles had briefly considered a comeback in 1976 - six years after they split. He said: "There were phenomenal amounts of money being offered. Millions by Sid Bernstein, this New York promoter. But it just went round and round. There might be three of us thinking 'You know, it might not be a bad idea' - but the other one would go, 'Nah, I don't think so' and sort of veto it. Let's put it this way, there was never a time when all four of us wanted to do it. "And each time it was always someone different who didn't fancy it. "And I'm actually glad of that now because the Beatles' work is a body of work. There's nothing to be ashamed of there. "In the end we decided we should leave well enough alone. "The potential disappointment of coming on and not being as good as The Beatles had been, that was a risk we shouldn't take."

No comments: