Sunday, February 09, 2014

Loving, Losing, and Missing

We live in a fallen world.  None of us are perfect.  We know this.  Yet our hearts cry out for love.  The ultimate love is found in Jesus.  As true as that is, we long for love with skin on.  The acceptance and touch of another human.  Try as we might to deny it, we have to admit it's true.

Unlike accepting a relationship with God, this kind of love is a risky proposition.  We desire to bring two imperfect souls together and find bliss.  That equation doesn't add up.  It may for a while, but eventually someone will be hurt. 

The question is do we shelter ourselves from hurt and stay alone or pursue our desire to love and be loved with courage?  I have caused hurt and I have received hurt. 

I am hurt right now.  I love someone.  I lost someone.  I miss someone. 

With God's help, I will never give up on hoping that the dream of holding that special person comes true. 

No comments: