Monday, February 10, 2014

Random Thoughts at Lunch

am one of the least knowledgeable people in the world about fashion trends.  There was a lady in court this morning who looked like she dipped the bottom four inches of her hair in blood.  One of my coworkers said that was an Ombré.  Learn something new every day.

 

I met a tourist from the UK today.  I asked whether they got much snow in their part of the UK.  Occasionally they get a bad storm that closes everything.  They spend two weeks alternating between visiting the pub and sledding.  Visiting the UK and seeing the Beatles landmarks is on my bucket list.

 

One of the attorneys joked with me that she was falsely accused of not returning paper work.  I said, “It’s not fun to be falsely accused, is it?”  I was only half-joking.  I remind myself that if it happened to Jesus, who is perfect, why wouldn’t we expect it could happen to us.

 

Useless knowledge of the day:  The judge described some song lyrics for which he couldn’t name the song.  I knew instantly it was “Wolverton Mountain”. 

 

I am ready for spring and summer weather.  But, if it is going to stay cold, we might as well get a good snow.  My son David and I got the sleds and shovels out yesterday.  Unfortunately, with every model run, it looks like the best moisture may stay south of here overnight.  But we may have another chance in two days. 

 

I like Brunswick stew on cold days like this.  I had a pint of stew from Whitt’s BBQ today for lunch. 

 

Watching the Beatles tribute on CBS last night was quite a treat.  Most of the artists did a great job covering Beatles songs.  The best part was seeing Paul and Ringo performing together.  I couldn’t help but think about how nerve-wracking it must have been to perform those songs in front of Paul, Ringo, and the widows and children of George and John.  It also amazed me at how much George’s son Dhani looks and sounds like his dad. 

 

Missing someone really stinks.  I have to practice thanking God for what I have rather than focusing on what I don’t have.

 

No comments: