Monday, February 13, 2006

Congratulations to the 2005 Chicago White Sox. It took 88 years, but they finally won that elusive World Series last October. I am not a big Sox fan but I was glad to see them win it. I've always been a Braves fan. But in baseball there are several teams that I like (Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, Chicago White Sox, and others). To me, baseball is a lot different, say, than college football. In football, I don't care too much about anyone besides Alabama. I guess in baseball you go into the season expecting to lose at least 60 games during the course of a year. In college football, one loss can eliminate you from the hunt for the National Championship. Anyway, President Bush, a former partner-owner of the Texas Rangers, was in his element in today's meeting with the Sox. "I got a first-hand report from the World Series from two people I love dearly who had actually front-row seats, and that would be my mother and father. I'm not going to tell you who they were rooting for, but it didn't have much effect on the outcome of the series, I'll put it to you that way. I was impressed as a baseball guy -- at least somebody who follows it still, closely -- that you had four complete games in a row in the playoffs. That's a good strategy, Jerry, to keep the bullpen -- (laughter) -- keep the bullpen fresh."

You can read the entire transcript here.

No comments: