Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ice Problems This Weekend?

I am concerned about the possibility of a significant ice storm across parts of the South this weekend. I am not going to fall into the trap of being too specific yet. I will say that I think the best chance for ice is in Arkansas and Tennessee. Latest model runs seem to indicate temperatures will be colder than previously thought. Anyone in North Alabama should pay very close attention to the weather, especially Saturday and Saturday night. It's probably hard to believe, I know, after such a beautiful day today. Our high today was 70 in Vinemont and at 8:30 p.m. it's still 62. this will all change, though, after the cold front passes through. Tonight at 7:00 in Little Rock, AR it was 69 but up the road in Fayetteville, AR it was 33. More to come.

No comments: