Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rainforest Cafe











Wednesday evening the boys and I ate at the Rainforest Cafe in Nashville. It was a cool experience for the boys. Dad had fun too! It turned out to be the perfect day to take the boys because kid's meals are $1.99 on Wednesdays. Matt and Joe ordered the pizza kid's meal and David ordered the popcorn shrimp. I chose an appetizer for my meal. I ordered the calimari and marinara sauce. It also contained squid. We all really enjoyed our meal. The boys all sampled the calimari and liked it. Before they knew what it was, they tried the squid. They didn't like it too much. After I told them what it was, their dislike changed into hatred! Maybe it's the name; it just sounds too slimy! I'm not too crazy about squid either. To me it tastes like fish-flavored rubber bands. The highlight of the meal was the "Volcano"! A volcano is made up of four large brownies topped of with ice cream, whipped cream, caramel, and chocolate syrup. The waiters bring it out and say out loud, "Vollllllllcaaaaaaanooooooo" as they bring it to your table. It was pricey ($11.98) but it was large enough for the four of us. Every 30 minutes or so the restaurant has a pretend "thunderstorm" and a gorilla roars. The rainforest environment was fun, but the temperature was pretty cool and the air was pretty dry for a rainforest. Sorry, that's just the weather geek in me coming out! Before they left, the boys got their faces painted and balloons.
It was great fun for the kids!

No comments: