Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ailments

About this time last week I began a tough time with my right shoulder. Actually I've struggled with pain in my right shoulder on and off for several months. It usually flares up when playing catch with my boys.

I'm not exactly sure what triggered it last week, but I think it may have been when I was trying to reach my back with soap in the shower. I have a tendency to push myself and I reached harder than I should have because I didn't want to limit my range of motion with my right arm.
Ever since then, I have had intense pain in my right shoulder. I cannot do normal activities without intense pain.

It is amazing how much we take for granted things like: reaching over to grab something out of the back seat of the car, tucking in our shirt, reaching up to grab a book off the shelf, drying off after a shower, sleeping on our side, reaching into our back pocket for a billfold, and the list goes on and on and on!

If you know me, it had to be bad for me to actually visit the doctor for the first time in years. He thinks I tore my rotator cuff. He prescribed Celebrex to help easy any inflammation. He said if that worked, great! If not, I probably have a tear and will need to have an MRI and surgery.

As if that's not enough, I had to start taking medication for high blood pressue, which costs me $50 per month. Whew, I feel OLD!

There goes any hope of a Major League Baseball career!

Wait, I can throw a mean spiral with a football using my left arm. Just ask my boys!

No comments: