Sunday, October 01, 2006

This Weekend

The boys and I watched the Vinemont varsity football team defeat Falkville 33-6 Friday night at their homecoming game.

I defeated David on XBox football but Joseph, my 10 year old, beat me twice lately. As Auburn, he crushed my Buffalo team, which should not be a surprise. The bad thing is his #1 USC team crushed my #2 Oklahoma team by over thirty points.

Saturday, we travelled to my Mom and Dad's home. We watched Bama lose to Florida down in Gainesville on CBS. Bama hung tough, and I think they gave it their best shot, but they were just outmanned by a superior Florida team. I won't even complain about Shula's play calling like I did last week after the Arkansas game. I think he did all that he could.

Today we watched the Braves defeat the Astros behind 16 game winner John Smoltz. The Braves knocked the Astros out of the playoffs. I'm sur my friend Rob was watching with glee knowing that it put his beloved Cards into the playoffs again.

No comments: