Saturday, December 09, 2006

Blog Roundup...

I have been unusually busy with my other blogs during the time I spend on blogging so I haven't written much of substance here in a while. If you are looking for substance you won't get it here today either. My boys are sleeping in but they are about to wake up.

We went to the rodeo last night. The boys, especially Joe, talked me into taking them. I was tired and had no natural inclination to go to a rodeo. But, as usual when I try new things, I enjoyed it. I think the thing I enjoyed about it the most was watching the boys have fun. Things like: Matt laughing his head off at the clown's antics, Joe's description and analysis of the animals and riders, and watching David take pictures. There were a couple of little girls behind us that were Matt's age, who, while watching the cowboy tie up the calfs' legs said, "Awwww...don't hurt him." We thought that was cute and funny.

One thing about the rodeo, it is definitely not the place to go if you are caught up in political correctness or animal rights. The boys and I had good time, though.

---


Two weeks ago we visited my parents and the boys and I must have gotten rid of a few million leaves. I climbed up on the house and cleaned out the gutters. I used to love doing that when I was in my teens and twenties. I didn't mind doing it in my 30's. Now that I am in my 40's I think my days of getting on the roof are numbered. My parens' house is a split level house. It is amazing how the human mind works. I do not mind being close to the edge on the lower level very much. But being close to the edge on the second level, especially the part above the driveway, freaks me out. The view is awesome up there, though. David and Joe wanted up there so badly but being the protective parent that I am I told them they would have to wait a few years. I do have a photo of myself, when I was about David's age, of me on the roof painting. Maybe they can take over when I am too old!

No comments: