Tuesday, December 26, 2006

'Twas the Weekend Before Christmas

Friday December 22 I drove to Chicago. I left Vinemont at 8 o'clock sharp and exactly 642 miles later, at 5:40 p.m., I arrived at my sister's place on the north side. I spent Friday night and Saturday in Chicago with my sister before driving back to Alabama with her on Sunday. Other that wanting to visit her, one of the original reasons for this brief trip was because she has a nice drum set that she wanted to give the boys for Christmas but we had no other way of getting it to Alabama.

My sister and I had a great visit. Friday night we played Trivial Pursuit and listened to Christmas music. My sister has the Rhaposdy music service on her computer and we eventually made up a really fun game of name that artist. We would alternate playing a song that we looked up and the other persson had to guess the artist. We had so much fun doing this that we stayed up until 3 a.m. doing it, despite the fact that I had driven 642 miles for 9 hours and 42 minutes. The surge of caffeine left in my body from the drive probably didn't hurt either!

Saturday we actually slept in a little bit. After that we did a little Christmas shopping and ate at the Houndstooth Saloon, just down Clark Street from Wrigley Field. My sister bought my meal. The buffalo wings were great! That was a cool experience; a little taste of Alabama in the Windy City. After shopping, I wrapped presents and loaded the drums and the rest of the stuff in the car. We ended up staying up too late again playing muical trivia using Rhapsody.

Sunday we drove back to Alabama, We left at 9:15, stopped very little, and arrived in Alabama after 6 p.m. Christmas eve we hung out with Mom and Dad and looked forward to Christmas with the boys.

No comments: