Monday, December 11, 2006

Prattville 35 Hoover 21







Saturday afternoon I took the boys to Legion Field in Birmingham to see the 6A high school football championship game in which Prattville defeated Hollywood High (aka Hoover High) 35-21. Hollywood High was on one of Prattville's signs, obviously referring to Hoover's numerous appearances on MTV and CMT on the show, "Two-a Day's".

The best part of it all for me was telling the boys about my memories of the "old gray lady", Legion Field. The first time I saw a game in Legion Field was 10/25/75 with my Dad when we saw Bear Bryant's Crimson Tide defeat the TCU Horned Frogs 45-0. I saw many Bama games there through the years. The most notable was the 1985 Iron Bowl, when Van Tiffin kicked a 52-yard field goal to beat Auburn. Another one that stood out was Alabama's 1986 defeat of Notre Dame, which was immortalized in Daniel Moore's painting of "The Sack".

No comments: