Monday, January 22, 2007

Where are your favorite places to dine?

I can't put this in any order, other than the order they popped into my mind. I'll probably think of more after I post this...

1. Dreamland, Tuscaloosa (Best sauce)

2. Big Bob Gibson BBQ, Decatur (Best ribs and loaded potatoes)

2. City Cafe, Northport (my second home when attending UA...awesome blue plate)

3. Rosie's Mexican Cantina, Huntsville (favotite Mexican, hands down)

4. Diorgano's Pizza, Chicago (Can't beat the best Chicago style pizza you can get)

5. Whitt's BBQ, Decatur (Best sandwiches)

6. Terry's Pizza Huntsville (owner died but brand is coming back...awesome thin crust pizza)

7. Original Oyster House, Mobile and Gulf Shores (seafood lovers will not be disappointed)

8. Lambert's Cafe, Foley (fun and good food...hey how can it be bad when they throw the rolls?!)

9. Arthur Bryant's BBQ, Kansas City (ranks right up there with Dreamland and Gibson's)

10. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Birmingham (one of the best steaks you will find, at a price)

11. Bob Baumhower's Wings (my favorite wings since I was a student at Bama in the 80's). I had a friend who worked at the one on the strip who used to bring the biggest wings home and we we would pig out late at night when i was a UA student.

2 comments:

Sharp said...

Boy, half your posts recently are about food. Tacos, Uncle Herschel's, pizza, ribs. I'm hungry!

Reading your list, I realize I don't frequent local businesses nearly enough. Mainly that's because I usually have poor luck with them, but I also just don't think otuside the box. I'll post my favorites soon.

Mike Wilhelm said...

Oh, yeah, I can't believe I didn't add Cracker barrel to this list!!!

And I was trying to lose weight! You wouldn't know it.