Sunday, February 04, 2007

Friday Night

Friday night the boys and I ate at Bob Baumhower's Wings Sports Grill in Huntsville (I know, another food post). David and Joe had the kid's wings meal with extra hot sauce. Matt had his wings meal plain and I got my usual large order of extra hot buffalo wings. Since I was in college in the 1980's this has been my favorite place to eat wings. You just can't beat their hot buffalo sauce. Oh, I almost forgot to mention: I had the chance to introduce the boys to beignets. It sure went well with that cup of coffee!

I then took the boys to Parkway Place Mall where I let Matt pick out a couple of his birthday presents. He picked out a football and a boxing kit. He has worn that boxing thing out this weekend.

We then went to Books a Million where the boys looked at sports and car magazines and books. I was pleasantly surprised to see my friend Johnny there. I probably shouldn't have been too surprised to see Johnny at the Books a Million, though. I have seen him there on more than one occasion in the past. I bought David a nice magazine about cars which he has spent a lot of time looking at this weekend. Joe didn't see anything he wanted and said that he would rather me put money in his account. That boy is smart about saving.

We then went to Best Buy where I bought myself something for a change. I've been borrowing David's digital camera for several months and I finally decided to get my own digital camera. My old one was worn out last fall. I purchased the Kodak easy Share C875, which I already knew was what I wanted before I walked into the store. The C875 is probably the best value on the market right now. It features 8 megapixels and a 5x optical zoom. The camera is relatively small, but it still has a 2.5" LCD viewfinder/monitor.

After leaving Best Buy, we stopped briefly to look at some cars at Suzuki of Huntsville (since they were closed and no one would bug us). I really liked the crimson colored XL7 and Grand Vitara. If I can get a new vehicle in the not too distant future, I would really like one of those. My car has 239,000 miles on it and I do not know how long it will last. One thing good about my vehicle, though, is that it is paid for.

We went on from there to my Mom's house where we hung out with her a little while. We talked about the terrible tornadoes in Florida that occurred early Friday morning. It was a great evening for us guys!

2 comments:

Sharp said...

Thanks for mentioning me. I just had to comment on this combination of sentences, though:
"We talked about the terrible tornadoes in Florida that occurred early Friday morning. It was a great evening for us guys!"

Mike Wilhelm said...

You are right....not the best combination of sentences...I don't always write my best on here...I just sometimes "splurt" everything out as fast as I can.