Tuesday, February 06, 2007

More From This Weekend

On Saturday the boys and I hung out at my parents home. We slept in a little bit. I have been under the weather so I needed a little extra rest. Joe and I went to Kroger and we bought some groceries and things for Matt’s birthday party. After we got back, I got everything ready for the party. We had frozen pizza, then Matt opened his presents and we all enjoyed cake and ice cream. Matt specifically requested angel food cake and vanilla ice cream.

After Matt’s party we watched the Alabama basketball team defeat South Carolina with my Dad. David watched the whole game but Matt played with his toys and Joe played a lot with him and also watched parts of the game. Alabama is now 17-5 and has regained first place in the SEC West.

Saturday night the boys and I watched some old videos. I showed them videos I made with some of my college friends in the late 1980’s. I also showed them the video I made of the 6" snow that fell in Tuscaloosa back in January 1992. The boys really enjoyed seeing this "historical" stuff and it gave them a glimpse into what life was like before they were born. I really need to transfer those to DVD before they wear out.

Sunday the boys and I watched the Super Bowl with my parents. Unfortunately, the Bears lost to the Colts. My Mom made us a really good meal Sunday night which we enjoyed. She made baked chicken, corn, baked potatoes, and crescent rolls (or as the boys and I call them, "tornado" rolls. It was a great evening and weekend.

No comments: