Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Egg Hunt





Today was a great day with the boys. We went to church at 9:15, came home, cooked lunch, watched baseball, updated our fantasy baseball lineups, and took it easy for a few minutes. After the Braves beat the Mets, I hid eggs in the yard.

Last night I spent a lot of time enclosing money and candy in 102 plastic eggs. Every egg had change, candy, or both. There were six "prize eggs" each containing a note from me. In order to ensure everyone got a prize, each boy had two notes redeemable for a prize. Whoever found the prize eggs had to give the prize note to the person named on the note.

David found 39 eggs, Joe found 38, and Matt found 21. Yes, if you are doing the math, that means that there are four eggs hidden somewhere in my yard with candy and small change. David ended up with $7.80, Joe had $7.40, and Matt had $6.10.

After the hunt, counting, and a little cleaning up, I took the boys to Wal Mart. David got a 10-pack box of of 2007 Topps baseball cards and a set of four mini skateboards. Joe got a box of 2007 Upper Deck baseball cards. Matt got a NASCAR cap, two toy planes, and three Hot Wheels cars.

It was a great day. I was proud of the boys for their practically perfect behavior today. Matt impressed me with how thankful he was for his gifts. I asked the boys would they have preferred an Easter Basket or what they got. It was unanimous; they liked it the way I did it.

I love it when the days are so blessed and go so perfectly. Thank you Lord!

No comments: