Friday, April 06, 2007

Me, diet?

I've never been on an official diet, but I decided in late March that I would do it for one month, April. Here's my method. I first made a list of food that I will avoid; pizza, ice cream, fast food, most eating out, etc. Then I made a list of health food that I actually like; grilled fish and chicken, green beans, stewed tomatoes, black eyed peas, corn, fruit, spices, etc. I also decided I would drink much more water and much less diet cola. Any bread that i will eat will be whole wheat. Any eating out will be salad or my favorite: a Whitt's barbecue turkey sandwich (4 grams of fat). I will be walking a little more than usual. Coaching baseball helps too. My only exception to this will be if I am visiting family or friends who may happen to prepare a meal for me. I weighed in at 219 pounds on March 31. I have been very disciplined so far. I do not have a scale in the house, so i do not know how much, if any, I have lost so far. I have a goal to lose 10 pounds. I won't be upset if that does not happen, so long as I stick to my plan faithfully. So far, so good!

No comments: