Thursday, April 19, 2007

Yes, we had Fun :)


My favorite second baseman!

Baseball season has officially arrived. Tonight I made my managing debut and it was a very inauspicious start. May I mention that our team is made up of 8 and 9 year-olds playing in a 9 and 10 year old league. Only one of my players has played in this age group before. I knew from the beginning that we would probably not win a lot of games. Because of spring break we also were playing with eight players instead of nine.

We lost 14-0.

At the risk of sounding like Mike Shula, we were closer than the score indicated. My pitchers struck out the side and held Holly Pond scoreless in the 1st and 3rd innings. It was the 14 run second inning that killed us. Our pitchers must have had two outs and two strikes on 10 batters but just couldn't get that third strike.

My main concern was our lack of hitting. We had three baserunners; one walk and two singles in three innings.

Coach Dad (that's me) was proud, though, because my son Matt got one of those two hits and got as far as third base.


After a pitching change..."Lets throw some strikes, bud!"

No comments: