Sunday, January 08, 2006

My Uncle Jim, my Godfather, passed away, Friday January 6, 2006, around 5 p.m. He had a massive stroke about 24 hours prior to that and went into a deep coma. I remember my Uncle Jim so very fondly. He is my Dad's younger brother. He was always very dedicated to his family and softspoken. He endured numerous hurts in his life. His firstborn son died at a very young age, his daughter in law and son died with two young girls, that he and my Aust Lois ended up raising. His daughter has endured a lot too, and it had to really hurt him. Despite all of this he's always been a steady rock in my Dad's family and a man I've always respected. Tomorrow I travel to Illinois with my Dad, Mom, oldest son David. We'll be attending his wake and funeral on Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope to post more here later when I return. God bless Unlcle Jim's family and friends.

--------

Obituary from the Ottawa (IL) Daily Times

James Arnold Wilhelm 1932-2006

OTTAWA - James Arnold Wilhelm, 73, of Ottawa, died Friday, Jan. 6, at OSF St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria. Mass of Christian burial will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Ottawa with the Rev. Philip Halfacre as celebrant. Burial will be in Ottawa Avenue Cemetery. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Gladfelter Funeral Home with liturgical prayers at 4.Mr. Wilhelm was born July 31, 1932, in Ottawa, to Arnold and Mildred (Nally) Wilhelm. He married Lois Mae Trevier on March 29, 1951, in Ottawa.He was a member of the Knights of Columbus, St. Patrick's Catholic Church and the Holy Name Society. He retired in 1995 after 30 years of employment from U.S. Silica.Jim was a loving husband, caring dad and special grandpa. He will be missed by everyone who knew and loved him.He is survived by his wife; a daughter, Lori (Greg) Hanson of Bloomington; seven grandchildren, Michael, Emily and Lauren Aussem, Luke and Brett Hanson and Cara and Kylie Wilhelm; a brother, Martin (Dorothy) of Huntsville, Ala.; and two sisters, Rosemary Bruehler of Mulberry, Fla., and Mary Ellen (Vern) Corrigan of Ottawa.He was preceded in death by two sons, James Robert and Thomas Martin Wilhelm.Pallbearers will be Vern Corrigan, Greg Hanson, Michael Aussem, Jerry and Jeff Mettille and John Damyen.Memorials may be directed to the donor's choice.Obituary written by family members.

No comments: