Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Year’s Weekend…
New Year’s weekend has come and gone. On Friday December 30 and Saturday December 31, my boys and I took the opportunity to play with some of their Christmas presents, especially the Xbox games. I’m now 3-0 in NCAA football against David, my 12 year old! Joe, my nine year old "went hunting" and shot a big (Xbox) buck. Matthew, my six year old played his Batman game. It really is amazing how far video games have come in the past 25 years!
Unfortunately, this was normally the weekend the boys were supposed to be at their mom’s place, so I only had them about one day.

Saturday night I visited my friends Johnny and Kathy in Hazel Green. We talked about Johnny’s big collection of history books, watched videos of Bear Bryant, Dixie Chicks, M*A*S*H, and Frazier. Kathy made a real nice meal. Of course, we all watched the famous ball drop while Dick Clark narrated. It just wasn’t the same. I had not realized how badly the stroke affected him. God bless Dick Clark.

New Year’s Day was a special day for Johnny’s Dad. Johnny’s dad was baptized. Johnny’s dad accepted Christ as his Savior in November. I think he is about 60 years old. I went with Johnny and Kathy to visit the church where his dad was baptized. It’s always a blessing to see people accept the Lord. Unfortunately statistics say that it’s rather rare for people over 20 to make that decision. Most people tend to make major life decisions early on and stay with it. That makes it an extra special miracle for Johnny’s dad. After church, I visited my mom and dad the rest of the weekend. It’s always great to hang out where I was raised with my parents.

No comments: