Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Last Night...

Last night David spent the night here with me by himself. I enjoyed our time together. I cooked hamburgers and did a little cleaning around the house while he read his early birthday gift, a new Alabama football media guide. We had chocolate chip cookies and milk for dessert. After eating together we played a game of MLB 2005 baseball on Xbox. I was the Mets and he was the White Sox. I won 7-6 in 13 innings. I was trailing 6-5 going into the 9th, when Andres Gallaraga hit a solo home run for me with two outs to tie the game. Pedro Martinez started for me, but only lasted four innings after giving up six runs. I brought in Tom Glavine in the 5th and he pitched nine shutout innings for the win. My strategy with Glavine was to paint the outside corner. David and I watched a special on Fox Sports South about Cal Ripkin between nine and ten o'clock. He went to bed listening to Christian music on XM 32. It was a really good night.

No comments: