Sunday, August 06, 2006

Weekend

The boys and I had four really good days.

Thursday evening: We worked our tails off in the heat. We mowed, trimmed, picked up sticks and trash, watered and harvested in the garden, and sweated in 97 degree heat. After all of that I cooked breakfast for supper. I made bacon, eggs, and we drank chocolate milk. Yum!

Friday evening: As a reward to the boys for all of their hard work, I took them to the local roller skating rink. We were there for about three hours, from 7:30-10:30. They were a bit rusty, not having skated that much. There were a lot of bumps and bruises, but they had a large time. Their muscles were a bit sore, too, from all of the exercise. David did not want to stop. Joe was ready to quit a few minutes sooner than Matt.

Saturday: We travelled to Mom and Dad's. We watched the Braves lose to Cincy with my Dad. After that we played touch football at the park. David and Joe went up against Matt and I. The game concluded with a 7-7 tie. We gave one point for each touchdown, so we did a good bit of running in the heat. It was extremely hot out there and we were sweating like crazy. As if the football game wasn't enough, we all ran the bases several times. Yes, I even did it with my 40-something body. I think I needed the exercise.

Sunday: We mostly hung out with my Mom and Dad. David and I looked at some of my old baseball cards. We watched the Braves degeat the Reds and the Cubs win behind the solid pitching of Rich Hill. We saw Hill dominate the Memphis Redbirds when he was with the Iowa Cubs a few eeks ago. I gave each of the boys about 65 baseball cards. Mom made an awesome meal; peppered ham, corn, and baked potatoes. The Blue Bell ice cream finished it off just right. Joe opted for the chocolate chip cookies, as usual. We did a little grocery shopping. On the way home we talked to Cara on the phone and got an update on the kitten.

No comments: